Central Elementary will be participating in the Kind Coins Campaign starting on October 16th and until November 17th.
Kind Coins for Hurricane Relief is a service project to respond to the destruction of the 2017 hurricane season. For every $50,000 raised, they will build a new playground at a hurricane-affected school.
- Hurricane Harvey kicked off the most devastating series of hurricanes in US history and children want to help.
- Building a playground will help bring joy, fun, and physical activity to children who have suffered during these tragedies. Creating a safe and happy play space will help students heal as they deal with the stress of lost homes, lost loved ones, lost routine and lost normalcy.
- Watch our “Kind Coins for Hurricane Relief” video
- Invite your students to help raise funds to build playgrounds
- Students collect spare change around the house, ask neighbors to contribute, host a lemonade stand, take it to their parent/guardian’s workplace, or any other creative way.
- Decorate a container to keep in your classroom to collect coins.
Where does the money go? 100% of the raised funds will go to hurricane-affected schools in Texas, Florida, Louisiana, and Puerto Rico. All collected money is mailed to Kids for Peace (501c3 #26-1564351), the nonprofit that hosts the Great Kindness Challenge. Kids for Peace will not take an administrative fee. Kids for Peace is partnering with our Great Kindness Challenge schools to build the playgrounds.
Your KINDNESS MATTERS!