Lake Forest health and physical education, including family life education and driver education, is designed to teach students the skills, knowledge, and attitudes essential to live a healthy lifestyle and select healthy and safe behaviors. Our curriculum prepares all students to actively and effectively achieve and promote lifelong wellness, firmly rooted in both public health and educational research and effective practice. Our curriculum map is an instructional sequence that provides all students multiple opportunities to use the acquired knowledge and skills in meaningful, authentic, and realistic ways. We are creating a school community that recognizes and fosters the intrinsic value of wellness.
Physical Education content includes:
- Fitness and conditioning.
- Fitness planning.
- Rhythmic activities and dances.
- Tumbling and gymnastics.
- Lifetime sport activities.
Health education content includes:
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention education.
- Emotional and social health education.
- Personal and community health and safety.
- Injury and violence prevention.
- Human growth and development
- CPR and AED training