(Click the title above to view the entire post) 3/23/2020 Latest Update: Here is the latest update from Superintendent Wynder: Good evening Lake Forest School District families, With Governor Carney’s announcement yesterday, we recognize that there are many questions families have regarding school service to the community.
First, we would like to reassure everyone that we will continue to provide grab and go meal service to the communities and locations announced last week. This schedule can also be found on our Facebook and website pages. Thank you to our Child Nutrition Services and staff & community volunteers who have worked hard to maintain this program for our community. While we are committed to providing this resource to our families, we will be reevaluating how meals are distributed and any changes will be communicated at the end of the week.
We also would like to reassure our community that we are working diligently to finalize learning opportunities and resources plans. With the announcement of extended school closure beyond this week, our priority becomes providing students with resources that help promote the enrichment of content students have learned in school so far this year. As changes develop, we will provide updates. Please continue to take care of yourself and one another and show the strength of the Lake Forest Community!
3/14/2020 Update: Good evening Lake Forest Community, First we would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding as we work through this unprecedented time. State and District leaders are in continuous contact due to the closure of schools across the state. We ask for your patience as we will do our best to provide and updated information and guidance as it becomes available. For students who have medication at school, the nurse’s office at each location will be open from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM on Wednesday, March 18, 2020. A parent or guardian can only pick up medication with proper identification. For staff members, please check your email for specific information regarding school closure. Please remain safe and thank you!
3/13/2020 Update: Dr. Brenda Wynder, Superintendent provided the following update this evening:
Good Evening Spartan Families,
In accordance with Governor Carney’s decision, and in order to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the Lake Forest School District will be closed beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020 until March 27, 2020.
The District will continue to keep our families informed through various communication tools, including our district website (www.lf.k12.de.us) and the District Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LFSDSpartans)
A sincere thanks to our Lake staff and community for your ongoing support during this challenging time.
Again, the Lake Forest School District will be closed for two weeks beginning Monday, March 16, 2020.
Thank you and have a nice evening.
3/12/2020 Update from Superintendent Wynder.
This is important information on the Coronavirus Update (COVID-19) and its impact on our District. We are currently in Phase 2; however, 3 more cases have been identified in Delaware today. We anticipate moving into Phase 3 in the near future. Here are the current changes we are implementing for our District:
1. The High School Musical Production of Mama Mia will only take place tonight at 7pm. Tomorrow and Saturday’s performances have been postponed.
2. The Father/Daughter Dance that was originally scheduled for next Saturday, March 21st at the High School is going to be rescheduled for Friday, May 15th. Due to it being a Friday evening, the time will be adjusted to 7pm – 9pm. For those that have already purchased tickets and cannot make this new date, they can send a note to school with their child requesting a reimbursement and we will process that request.
3. The District’s 50th Anniversary Celebration that was scheduled for Saturday, March 28th at the High School is postponed, we are working to find a new date. Personal contact will be made to those that have already purchased tickets to attend the new date or a refund will be given.
4. After tonight, any extracurricular events and meetings taking place in our District will be canceled/postponed. We are not sending any spring sports teams on scrimmages or competitions. We will look to DIAA for guidance on whether games and tournaments should be canceled or postponed.
5. All school field trips scheduled prior to Spring Break (in state and out of state) will be canceled for now, but every effort will be made to reschedule.
As always, we will keep you informed as we receive updates that require changes in our current processes. Thank you and have a nice evening.
Click Here to view the District’s Preparedness Plan. We are currently in Phase 2.