Dear Lake Forest Community,
Welcome to another exciting school year!!! Delaware Early Childhood Center continues its mission to provide quality education, services and supports in order to enhance the lives of young children, their families, and the community. Did you know that Delaware Early Childhood Center (DECC) offers the following programs and services;
• Early CHOICES – provides special education and related services for three year old children with developmental delays and three and four year old children with speech delays
• Early Childhood Assistance Program (ECAP) – provides comprehensive preschool services for three and four year old children with the goal to prepare children for success in kindergarten and beyond.
• Little Spartans Early Learning Center – providing a full day preschool program for children of Lake Forest’s School District’s faculty, staff and the Lake Forest Community.
• Parents As Teachers – offers home visitors that provide information, support and encouragement to help families promote healthy development of their young children, annual developmental and health screenings, stay and play groups, referrals to other community resources, teen groups in local high schools in partnership with DAPI, and evening and weekend socialization opportunities throughout the year.
• New Directions Early Head Start-New Directions Early Head Start-Kent County is a partner program of the University of Delaware providing services in the Kent County area to pregnant women and families of children birth to three years of age through home-based services Families are enrolled based on income eligibility. All families receive information and support in the areas of:
-Health (including pre-natal, if applicable)
-Family education and involvement.
• Stand by Me- provides financial literacy, coaching and support for families.
University of Delaware/New Directions Early Head Start – provides home-based services in Kent County to income eligible, pregnant women and families of children birth to three years old who receive support and information on child development, health (including pre-natal) and family education and involvement.
At the Delaware Early Childhood Center we are here to assist in making the early years the most memorable years for you and your children. Please call or stop by for information on any of our programs.
Brandi Short, Administrator Delaware Early Childhood Center
“Serving little people with big potential and endless possibilities every day”!