The Delaware Department of Education is honored to offer a series of Virtual Parent Education Workshops entitled, “Parent as Coach, Developing A Family Dream Team”. Darrell “Coach D” Andrews, our facilitator, is a nationally acclaimed speaker, life coach, and is a father of four. Over the course of the next six months, Mr. Andrews will offer a series of virtual workshops in all three counties with hopes of motivating and providing parents with user-friendly strategies to assist them in maximizing their students’ overall academic success.
The first workshop, “Creating A Home Culture of Success Amid Crisis” will provide parents with powerful strategies for maintaining an effective balance for tasks such as remote/hybrid learning, work, and other family responsibilities. Below are the dates, including access information, for each county:
Kent County: Tuesday, January 26, 2021: 7:00 – 8:30pm EST
ZOOM Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9384275351
CONGRATULATIONS to the following students for having their artwork selected for the Lake Forest Board of Education Holiday Card.
- Madison Bullard – Central Elementary School
- Bryce Tucker, Little Spartans, Delaware Early Childhood Center
- Khloe Jensen, North Elementary School
- Sky’la-May Showell, South Elementary School
- Faith Willis, South Elementary School
- Tressa Stant, East Elementary School
As we approach the holiday season during this time, there will be three testing locations available to receive COVID-19 testing in Lake Forest School District. The District has teamed up with Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) to bring these testing locations to our District/community. Below are dates that COVID-19 testing will be taking plac this holiday season. Each session will take place from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
While not mandatory, school link above should be completed prior to attending any of the sessions. The instructions for completing the links are listed below:
- Click on the E-Req link
- Fill in as much patient info as possible (please note that only PCR testing will be offered at this event)
- Select the CCORRECT COLLECTION DATE FOR YOUR EVENT
- Click “Create E-Req”
- Print out E-Req
- Bring the print out to the testing site (BRINGING THE ACTUAL PAPER FORM IN WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF TIME AT THE TESTING SITE!!).
As we approach the holiday season, we hope that everyone stays safe by wearing a mask, socially distancing, and washing your hands. These sites are open to everyone in our community.